August 27, 2017
GorillaJS is configured to take the 80 port up. So, it facilitates the web access to the projects without needing to add the port to an url. If you use the SSL plugin you also will have to free the 443 port.
This port used to be computed by programs like Xammp, Mamp, httpd (windows), Skype… You will have to turn these programs off or configure them so that they could use other port.
Yes. You can create your own installer to use GorillaJS with the technology you want to.
No. But you can find in the GorillaJS roadmap an API creation with which you will be able to create your own plugins.
Yes. The calls of all of your projects pass through an Apache proxy. If you don’t want to use the proxy you can load your project using the port that GorillaJS has asigned.You can see it with Docker’s command:
$ docker ps
In the “PORT” section.
Yes, of course. It will work if you can install NodeJS and Docker.
You would be able to but I wouldn’t do it. 🙂
We are in a beta phase. You can use it without problem in the development environment.
- Take a deep breath.
- Check if you have the last version of Docker, NodeJS and GorillaJS.
- Test if Docker is started. If you have just started your computer up, it probably is working on it. Maybe it’s blocked: turn it off and restart it.
- Make sure you are using the correct version of Docker. If you use Mac or Windows you need Docker for Mac/Windows, rather than the old Docker machine.
- Review that the 80 port is free. Try: add the assigned port to your project in the url (you’ll see using the Docker ps command). If you access to your project means there’s a problem with the proxy: it might be because it doesn’t work or because there’s already an app using the 80 port. Build your project again and if it doesn’t work surely is because the 80 port isn’t free.
- Uninstall all the plugins and build your project again.
- Test that all the values you have passed to GorillaJS are corrects. You can build the project again passing the parameter-f to configure it.
- Is your computer very slow? GorillaJS consumes lots of engine’s resources when is building your projects. Maybe the problem isn’t if it starts but how many time it takes to do it.
The NodeJS template that comes as a default in GorillaJS uses the Express.js framework to start a server and return a response. This is optional, and once the application is running we can eliminate this server and use the application in any other way.
In this article you’ll learn to install and manage apps in an easy way with GorillaJS.